School Council Elections 2019-20
Tuesday September 17, 2019 at 6:30p.m. at William Burgess Library
School Councils are a great way for parents/guardians to become engaged in the school. The purpose of the Council is to advise the Principal and “to improve student achievement and enhance the accountability of the education system to parents (Reg.612/2.1) through active parent engagement.
Election of Council Parent/Guardian Representatives
- There are vacant positions for parent/guardian representatives on council that sit for a term of one year.
- All parent/guardians with children in our school are eligible to be elected for the school council.
- A person is not qualified to be a parent member of council if he or she is employed at the school or is employed elsewhere by the Board, unless they declare that they are employed by the school board
- Nomination forms are due in the main school office, no later than 9:00 a.m. on Monday September 16, 2019.
- Only parents/guardians of currently registered children attending William Burgess Public School can participate in the voting process
- The elections shall be by secret ballot at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday September 17, 2019 at William Burgess Public School Library